vswSystems.com is operated by Vance West, a Linux systems administrator and engineer with two decades of professional real world experience in day to day web hosting, data center, dedicated server, cloud and firewall management. We love web hosting and we’re feverishly passionate about the dynamic nature of this industry. Vance has expertise in a variety of areas, including:
- Linux (Redhat/CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu).
- cPanel, Plesk and Virtualmin Control Panels.
- Cisco ASA, pfSense, Ubiquiti, Juniper SRX, Untangle & ipTables Firewalling.
- BAE, AlertLogic, OSSEC IDPS.
- WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, WooCommerce CMS.
- AWS, Vultr, Linode, vmWare, ProxMox, KVM, LXC virtulization and containers.
- Cyber & Physical Security, Kali Linux Pen Testing, Digital Forensics.
Prior to working in the hosting industry, Vance worked for a decade as a Private Investigator and Executive Protection agent, protecting the lives, assets of celebrities, dignitaries and VIPs around the world. We take security and privacy seriously. He applies these skills in his cyber security and digital forensics approach and has testified as a subject matter expert in court proceedings.
Vance is also a professional touring and recording drummer and has earned black belt rankings in several Japanesse martial art traditions.
The Three C’s of Hosting
Vance coined the phrase “The Three C’s of Hosting” years ago:
Those three aspects are at the heart of everything we believe, do, have and how we approach every task, not only professionally, but in every aspect of life success.